Mathematical Monday {Multiplication Song}



During a parent-teacher conference last week I had a discussion with a parent, who is also a teacher, about another school in our district.  We both had heard that they play a cd with multiplication songs on it every morning for the entire school.

I thought this was a great idea!  I haven't found a CD I like yet, but did find a classic on Youtube...School House Rock!  The video I found goes through 0-12 multiplication facts and is about 30 minutes long.  I thought playing the video on the Smartboard in the morning while students came in and worked on morning work would be the perfect time.


This was my class this morning...it went better than planned!  They were quiet when they came in, some were interested in the video, and they ALL worked, listened, and watched!  They even wanted it played again after our morning announcements.  I did play it while I finished checking homework and preparing for the day.



I plan to play the video every morning from now until Christmas break to see if I can get a few more facts into their little brains!

What are you trying new this year in math?  Do you have any favorite multiplication songs/cds?


1 comment

  1. I wish we had you tube access. I've been using school tube though - I really should use it more often though. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top